How to Register for VAT in the UAE: The Complete Guide
Do you own a business in the UAE? If so, then you need to register for Value-Added Tax (VAT). In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of Registering for VAT in the UAE. We will provide step-by-step instructions on how to complete the registration process and what you need to do once your registration is complete. Let’s get started!
How to Apply for VAT Registration in UAE
As the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has opened its portal for online VAT registration, businesses in the vat registration UAE are required to mandatorily vat registration UAE if their turnover exceeds AED 375,000. The registration will be carried out in a phased manner, with deadlines based on the turnover of businesses. While it is crucial for businesses to determine their obligation toward VAT registration, it is also important for businesses to know how to apply for VAT Registration and understand the level of details required to complete the application process accurately. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for VAT registration in the UAE:
- Visit the FTA website and create an account by providing your email address and contact details.
- Once you have created an account, log in and click on the “VAT Registration” button.
- You will be redirected to the VAT registration page, where you will be required to provide your company’s details such as name, Emirates ID, trade license number, and contact information.
- Once you have provided all the required information, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will then be required to upload supporting documents such as your company’s trade license and Emirates ID.
- After uploading the required documents, click on the “Submit” button again.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from the FTA with your VAT registration number.
Keep this number safe as you will need to use it for all your VAT-related transactions.